Scottish Mediation was established in 1990 to:
- Raise the profile of mediation in Scotland
- Act as a professional body for mediators in Scotland
- Maintain the Scottish Mediation Register of mediators
- Provide access to quality assured mediation services
Scottish Mediation seeks to:
- Promote a wider understanding of the appropriate use of mediation in conflict management and prevention
- Support and promote education, training and research in skills and best practice
- Create and encourage links between mediators and Scottish public, private, voluntary and community organisations
- Promote and organise standards of professional conduct and training
The Scottish Government supports the efforts of Scottish Mediation to drive up standards among mediators with a view to encouraging the greater use of mediation in Scotland.
Read our Strategic Plan for 2015-2018.
Scottish Mediation is a membership organisation. We welcome applications from any interested parties. To become a member go to Join the Network. If you are a mediator, and would like to join the Scottish Mediation Register, go to Join the Register for more information.