If you find yourself in a conflict with another person or group arising from social distancing or self- isolation due to Covid-19 the Scottish Mediation Covid-19 Mediation Service is here to help.
This is a challenging time for many of us and qualified mediators from the Scottish Mediation Register have stepped forward to offer their services at significantly discounted rates to support you using Distance Mediation.
How it works
Contact us through our website
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If these options are not available to you please leave a message on the Scottish Mediation Helpline 0131 556 8118
- Tell us about the conflict and how it relates to Covid 19.
- We will send you information about mediation and a consent form.
- Check with the other party that they are willing to participate or give us their contact details and we will contact them on your behalf
- Once we have received completed consent forms from both parties we will appoint an appropriate mediator.
- Your mediator will contact you to start resolving your conflict using email, phone and online platforms that meet your needs.
You are eligible for this service if:
- You live in Scotland
- The conflict is connected to social distancing or self-isolation
- The conflict is not part of a pre-existing dispute
- All of the people in the conflict agree to participate in mediation.
The service is free to individuals and organisations with up to five employees. Organisations with more than five employees will be charged at £300 for up to one day’s mediation.
For more information please read our frequently asked questions document which you can access here.
Covid-19 Service for Schools
This service is also available to support people in relation to tensions that may have arisen as a result of the return to school. For further information, please click here.