- This event has passed.
‘A Discovery of Voice’
17th June 2021 - 19th June 2021
Cyrenians Scottish Centre for Conflict Resolution (SCCR) are inviting you to ‘A Discovery of Voice’ Series’ of FREE ONLINE EVENTS in June.
The aim behind ‘A Discovery of Voice’ is to create an interactive series of events incorporating the discovery of emotions through music that focuses on promoting understandings of mental health, emotions, relationships, communication and nurturing a more confident society through musical expression.
The events will use music as a platform to explore our understandings of ‘conflict’ to help boost confidence in individuals and help them hear and better understand their own voice, which in turn can de-escalate conflict and improve relationships. The events will help promote an understanding of our emotions and way of coping, managing and communicating them to those around us..
Further details found below and in the flyer.
The events will run over 3 days:
Symphony of Stories – 17th June (6:00-8:00pm) – An opening evening event of a facilitated discussion between practitioners and individuals working with the broad theme of ‘conflict’ and ‘music’ – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/153497869259
Speakers include –
- Dr Vanessa Collingridge (Monster Media Productions)
- Jenny Laahs (Nordoff Robbins)
- Mohammed Yahya (Music Action International)
- Iona Fyfe (Folksinger)
- Jordan Butler (Heavy Sound)
WORKSHOPS – 18th June – A series of workshops aiming to achieve a practical discovery and comprehension of music which can help attendees as a coping mechanism, a personal and emotional discovery of themselves as well as a form of communication.
- ‘Using music for wellbeing: can music do more for the people you support?’ – Nordoff Robbins Workshop for professionals/practitioners/volunteers working with young people and families – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/154580782281
- Sing up! – Sistema Scotland Workshop for young people – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/154584009935
- Learn a Scottish song and sing in harmony! – Heal & Harrow (Rachel Newton) Workshop – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/155773244969
- Learn a Scottish Tune – Heal & Harrow (Lauren MacColl) Workshop – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/155960304469
- Creating music with people affected by conflict – Music Action International Workshop for young people- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/156487543455
An Emotive Ensemble – 19th June (6:00-7:30pm) – A pre-recorded closing concert to provide attendees an oral experience of music and to take them through an emotional journey. – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/154378374875
- Hannah Rarity
- Heal & Harrow
- Kinnaris Quintet
- Iona Fyfe