Peer Mediation Training for Trainers Course – November 2020
3rd November @ 10:00 am - 5th November @ 1:00 pm
This online Training for Trainers course taking place over two sessions (2 hours each session) and will enable participants to deliver peer mediation training to children and young people aged 10 to 16 years. It will provide tools and techniques that will equip participants to feel confident in training and supporting young people as peer mediators.
Peer mediation is a technique using a 5-stage model which enables children and young people to help their peers to resolve disagreements in a constructive and non-violent way. Peer mediation training is a fun and interactive programme which can be delivered in a wide variety of different settings including schools, youth clubs and other settings where young people meet. Research and our experience suggests a hugely positive impact upon young people which can directly impact upon raising attainment.
This course would be of particular interest to those working with children and young people who are keen to set up a peer mediation scheme within their setting. Previous experience of mediation is not required.
Participants will receive a toolkit of material which includes all of the games and activities to deliver peer mediation training and more.
- To develop participants’ understanding of the concept of peer mediation and explore the benefits to young people’s personal development
- To support participants to develop confidence in training young people to fulfil the role of peer mediators
- To give participants the tools to develop a peer mediation service within their setting and to provide support for peer mediators
- To explore the additional benefits of peer mediation to the wider environment
- To expand the network of peer mediation trainers in Scotland
- To provide more children and young people with opportunities to experience peer mediation training
- To help raise children and young people’s resilience, self-esteem and confidence
There are two date options available as outlined below. Please note that you would need to be able to attend both sessions 1 and 2 to get a certificate of training.
Session 1: Tuesday 3rd November (10-12noon) and Session 2: Thursday 5th November 2020 (10am – 12noon)
This event will be delivered online via an appropriate video-conferencing software (to be confirmed later). A link will be sent out before the event to all registered attendees.
Costs: £170 per attendee for the full course (2 sessions) (£150 for Scottish Mediation members – please note that Organisational members can send up to two people at member rates).
To book these sessions please click HERE