This Online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Course will be conducted over a half-day in October 2023. Suitable for all mediators in the workplace, civil & commercial, medical, family or community sectors. Ethical principles provide the foundations for professional practice as a mediator, but many mediators find ethical issues challenging in practice. Ethical factors also significantly influence how mediation is viewed outside the profession.
Course Aim: To help you reflect on professional ethics as a Mediator
Course Objectives: As a result of completing this CPD, you will be able to:
• Define ethics in the context of mediation
• Differentiate between ethics and compliance
• Develop a plan for dealing with ethical issues in professional practice
This online course will introduce participants to the concept of ethics related to professional practice. It will explore many of the critical issues pertaining to ethics and mediation, including:
1. Ethics in the context of mediation
2. The difference between ethics and compliance
3. Developing a plan for managing ethical issues in mediation
4. How do your personal beliefs impact your mediation work
Cost: £47.50 including VAT
The course will be led by Tony Buon, an experienced Civil, Commercial & Workplace Mediator. Tony is a Consultant Psychologist and best-selling author. Tony has trained over 3000 mediators since 1985. He has also taught at several Universities worldwide and regularly runs CBD for Mediators in the UK and beyond. In addition, he has taught ethics courses for many professional groups, including Mediators, Lawyers, Psychologists, HR Professionals, and political leaders. He is based in Edinburgh.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.buon.net 07762709377
For registrations via Eventbrite please click HERE