- This event has passed.
Listening to Disputants – Changing the Frame; Framing the Changes
22nd April @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Anna Howard’s new book and this free event draws on research carried out for her recently awarded PHd. Her research with in-house counsel for multinational companies draws some important conclusions about how to promote mediation.
• the prominent role played by negotiation as a cross-border dispute resolution process;
• that negotiation is a key comparator for disputants when considering whether to use mediation;
• how the EU’s continued focus on understanding and presenting mediation as an alternative to litigation has resulted in measures which are insufficient to address fully the barriers to the use of mediation;
• intriguing barriers to the use of mediation which arise from the association which disputants draw between mediation and negotiation;
• how the relationship which disputants draw between mediation and negotiation paradoxically raises both opportunities for, and obstacles to, the increased use of mediation; and
• what disputants need in order to increase their use of cross-border mediation
Zoom link and details to be sent out nearer the time.
For more information and to book this free event, please click HERE