- This event has passed.
Mediating Online – An Online CPD Workshop facilitated by Rachel Weiss
11th May 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join us to discuss the pros and cons of facilitating mediations online, and learn some practical tips.
Our focus will be on synchronous, live video mediations. This workshop will cover:
• The ICODR (International Council for Online Dispute Resolution) Video Mediation Guidelines
• Psychological points: how to build rapport and trust online, disinhibition, how to reduce risk of participants walking out
• Practical points including preparing for internet failure, Zoom features useful for mediation : breakout rooms and security issues.
• My own experience is exclusively using Zoom for workplace mediations. I hope we will have a mix of experience of different types of mediation using different types of online platforms and can pool our knowledge and resources during this workshop.
• Small group discussions to share questions and good practice.
RACHEL WEISS is a qualified, experienced mediator and a senior partner at Rowan Consultancy, a training, coaching, counselling and mediation business based in Perth. Rachel is a long-standing member of the Scottish Mediation Network and the Workplace and Employment Special Interest Group (WEIG) and is on the Scottish Mediation Register. She specialises in workplace mediation, where the aim is to improve the working relationship between colleagues. Rachel delivers counselling, coaching, mediation and training online and face-to-face.
Costs: £30 Scottish Mediation Members, £40 Non-Members (Organisational members can send up to 2 people at member rates)
No experience of online mediation required.
To book this session please click HERE