- This event has passed.
Promoting Reflective Practice in Mediation
30th June @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
A free online event to increase awareness and promote good reflective practice. The new standards highlight and encourage different ways of improving practice through learning and supervision. The event is aimed at those who are new to mediation as well as experienced who would like to explore more about methods, benefits and expectations.
- The SM training survey response indicated there was a clear need for more information and opportunities for reflective practice.
- To attract a broad spectrum of mediators and encourage positive conversations
- Underpin our professionalism demonstrating how robust the standards are for mediators
- Provide an insight into the benefits and opportunities of reflective practice to mediators
- Promote sharing and learning when mediation has had an impact
- Encourage mediators to discuss learn and share experiences in a safe environment
Presenters and topics as follows:
- Graham Boyack & Heather Zajac – Expectations, requirements, standards & practicalities
- Charlie Irvine – Why does this matter: An academic perspective
- Lindsay Burley – Experience & Examples
- Robin Burley – Models on Reflective Practice
- Carol Hope – What is Supervision?
- Patrick Scott – Written reflections & reviews
- David Hossack – What are the different ways it can work: Group, 1:1
- Pamela Lyall – Various setting in which reflective practice can work
Q & A
To book this event please click HERE